Most students find NEET daunting; however, some procedures should be followed before, during, and after the exam to improve. As a result, we will review certain dos and don’ts that should be observed before, during, and after the medical entrance examination and a few preparation tips for NEET Exam 2023 in this post.
One of the most crucial disciplines for NEETs is biology. Numerous biology-related questions are based on NCERT’s foundational concepts. Both botany and zoology must be given priority because they both receive the same grade.
NEET Biology Important Areas And Their Weightage For NEET 2023
The difficulty level for biology has increased in recent years due to rising competitiveness based on the evaluation and analysis of prior trends. Human physiology, cell biology, plant physiology, the molecular basis of inheritance, biomolecules, ecology, and biotechnology are the fields given reasonable weight.
Help with Biology Preparation Assistance
- Examine the subject quickly before learning it in a classroom.
- You must continue reading your biology course material regularly to lay a solid foundation for medical entrance examinations.
- Make sure to study from the NCERT books for the NEET. Run through the NCERT diagrams because many exam questions are diagram-based.
- Crack every NCERT sample that is provided. Some difficult questions with word substitutions that change the problem’s connotation and theory can be found on pre-medical test papers.
- The candidate should be aware of the weighting given to each unit so that he or she can plan his or her studies accordingly. There should be more attention spent on the essential chapters.
- Plant diversity, genetics and biotechnology, ecology, plant reproduction, plant physiology, cell biology, cell division, animal diversity, human physiology, human reproduction, reproductive health, origins and evolution, and cell biology are the themes that receive good weighting. Put them first. Other chapters should be noted to obtain a respectable NEET score.
- Some topics, such as Plantae and Animalia, are unclear. Class levels up to chordate and phylum non-Chordata also need regular practice and revision.
- Use markers to draw your attention to crucial details.
- Try to pass online tests because they will help you manage your time.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get enough rest.
5 Crucial NEET Biology Preparation Tips
- Know your biology syllabus for the NEET exam first and foremost. The NCERT biology textbook is suggested as a place to start because NCERT books are thought to be the best. It is the standard book as well.
- For ease of preparation, it is suggested that the biology curriculum be divided into three parts. The three sorts of chapters from which the exam’s question types will often be drawn are as follows:
a) Must-Do: Questions are included on subjects like animal respiration, reproduction and development, animal tissues, animal nutrition, biotechnology, ecology, and more.
b) Do this only if you have enough time: Anatomy of Flowering Plants, Animal Kingdom from Porifera to Echinodermata, Growth Repair and Regeneration, Microbes, and Origin of Life, Biodiversity, and other chapters are included in this part.
c) Do or Die: This area includes a wide range of significant subjects, including photosynthesis, cell structure, plant morphology, nutrition, genetics, monera, and many others.
3. Remember that studying NEET’s previous biology question papers is the most crucial part of your preparation. The ideal technique to practice and revise gives an overview of the question patterns.
4. Students must prepare appropriately for the time-consuming and thorough Plantae and Animalia themes by studying all the examples and common names provided in NCERT. Additionally, Phylum in Non-Chordates and Chordates of Class Levels must receive more attention.
5. When studying biology, habitually produce charts and notes of names because doing so will help you review and have names at your fingertips. Additionally, it becomes simple to consult before the NEET exam.
Remain calm and confident after doing all the preparations for the NEET exam. You need one seat, so do not focus too much on the number of seats NEET offers; just go for it!
Biology Important Topics for NEET:
The NEET Biology syllabus’s classification of chapters according to their weightage based on prior patterns is provided below. Keep in mind that depending on how many questions appear each year, this category may vary. The data presented below were averaged from NEET question papers from prior years.
The Most Important Biology Chapters
- The Classification of Life
- Plant morphology in flowering species
- Chemical Underpinnings of Inheritance
- Principles of Variation and Inheritance
- Animal Kingdom
- Flowering Plant Sexual Reproduction
- Reproduction in Humans
Moderately Important Chapters for NEET Biology
- Environmental Concerns
- Environmental Concerns
- Higher Plants’ Photosynthesis
- Gas exchange and Breathing
- Plant Kingdom
- Coordination and integration of Chemicals
- The cell is the basic unit of all living things.
- Processes and Principles of Biotechnology
- Biological Technology and Its Uses
- Conservation and Biodiversity
- Cell Division and Cell Cycle
- Neural Coordination and Control
- Anatomy of flowering plants
- Absorption and Digestion
- Reproduction in Living Things
Less Important Biology NEET Chapters
- Improvements to food production techniques
- Mineral Nutrition in Plants
- Human Illness and Health
- Animal Structural Organization
- Microbes in the Living World and Human Welfare
- Plant Development and Growth
- Products of Excretion and Their Elimination
- Movement and Locomotion
- Circulation and Body Fluids
- Breathing in Plants
In addition to the other chapters, students must also study the less significant chapters in addition to the other chapters. Just that—prioritize the most crucial chapters while you are getting ready. Stay updated with us